These tips on this page are a repository of the shortcuts, recommendations, hints, and various helpful tidbits of knowledge collected over the years by Inntopia staff.
Business Intelligence/DestiMetrics Users
A Couple of Basics
Call Center Agents
- Benefit from Itinerary Notes! – Communicate internally about guests and itineraries, so the right people get the message.
- Can I Call You Sometime? – Update your phone number and email within Agentopia and find out just why keeping these current is so important.
- Content Management Tool – Customize and override supplier/location short names, product names, and their descriptions.
- Comparison Tool – Build quotes and itineraries that guests can compare side-by-side.
- Customize Text on Emails – Use customized text on emails,
- Delete Selected Items? Yes, Please! – Easily remove multiple items from an itinerary within Agentopia.
- Displaying Products on Itineraries – Display multiple identical products on an itinerary as either a single line item or individual line items.
- Find Products Easily by Filtering – Find products easily within Agentopia.
- Have Agentopia Remind You! – Add and view reminders linked to an itinerary within Agentopia.
- How Flexible Are the Dates? – Find additional dates for a guest with a three-month view of minimum stay requirements for any lodging product.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer! – See guests' past accommodations booked and products purchased.
- No End Date Needed – Learn a quick way to find a same-day product within Agentopia.
- Sort Me, Please! – Sort search results within Agentopia into ascending or descending order.
- What Do the Itinerary Colors Mean? – Decode the color indicators in itinerary search results.
Inntopia RMS 101
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words – Pictures aren't just for lodging anymore; show off those activities!
- Has It Been That Long? – Learn how to log back into Inntopia RMS or CRS after an extensive hiatus.
- How Do You Translate That? – Provide your guests with translated content within Inntopia RMS.
- Instantly Filter Lists – Find a product or promotion quickly within Inntopia RMS.
- Matching Products and the YieldView Calendar – Update the categories in YieldView Calendar to properly align with branding and pricing.
- Remember the Five-Day Rule – Why Inntopia won't process more than one transaction within a five-day period.
- Resetting RMS Passwords – Learn how to reset a user's password within Inntopia RMS.
- Sizing Up Your Customers – Learn about three customer requirements related to guests' height, weight, and shoe size.
- Using Larger Photos – Crop those photos!
- What About Pets? – Where to define your pet policy in Inntopia RMS.
- What If I Don't Acknowledge that Reservation? – The simple reason acknowledging reservations and cancellations is important.
- Who Needs a Mountain Bike Lift Ticket? – Get guests riding with the Mountain Bike Lift Tickets product category.
- New! Capacity vs Demand: Five Steps to Keep Lift Ticket Sales from Crashing Your eCommerce Store – Keep these five things in mind during peaks of high demand.
- Destinations, Locations, and Neighborhoods – Destinations, Locations, and Neighborhoods explained in Innovation U.
- Help! I Can’t Find My Product! – If your product isn't appearing online, quickly check these few things before calling for help.
- How About an Afternoon Ski or Ride? – Learn how to make the Afternoon Lift Tickets product category work for you.
- Make Your Widget Work For You – Find out how dynamic widgets can improve your guests' booking experience.
- Show Me Your Favicon – Add a favicon to the address bar on your eComm site.
- New! YieldView is the Ideal Platform for Selling Lift Tickets in 2020 – Learn how Inntopia’s YieldView can be used to sell lift tickets, attraction tickets, tee-times, and more.
- Cross Reference that New Product! – Map a cross-reference code in Inntopia RMS when a new product is added to a an interfaced supplier account.
- Deactivate in a Heartbeat – Easily deactivate and re-activate products in Inntopia RMS.
- Don’t Forget About the Details – How and why it is important to keep the attributes of your lodging products updated.
- Just Show Inactive Products! – Filter the Inntopia RMS Products page to only display inactive products.
- Need to Set Up a Fee? – Set up a fee associated with a specific product in Inntopia RMS.
- Sell Products Using the YieldView Calendar – Use scarcity to sell products with the YieldView Calendar.
- Use Summer-Specific Product Categories – All about additional product categories geared towards summer activities.
- New! Update Your Amenities with COVID-specific Search Options – Inntopia added these 14 new search options so your guests can search for their COVID-specific needs.
- What’s That Number? – Find out what the number in parentheses is on the Inntopia RMS Products page.
- Can I Discount My Bundle? – Discount products that are included within a bundle.
- Go Ahead, Bundle It! – Increase your upsell by suggesting or requiring products to be sold when other products are purchased.
- Love Your Pricing Family – Add yielded products to your promotions and bundles.
- Restrict Who Can Purchase A Bundled Product – Make a product available only through bundled offers.
- The Question Is: Require or Suggest? – Learn how requiring or suggesting products affects how a bundle can be purchased.
- Advanced Booking Requirement – Prevent a guest from booking a promotion online today for same-day arrival.
- Be Creative with Your Promotions! – Hook your guests with creative naming for promotions.
- Give the Guest a Choice! – Present all component options to your guests within a promotion using Force Choice.
- Provide the Guest More Options! – Learn more about required and optional promotion components, and why you should consider offering more optional components.
- Should I Use Black-Out Dates or Date Overrides? – Learn the difference between Black Out Dates and Date Overrides for setting up promotions within Inntopia RMS.
- View the Promotion Invitation Details First – View the details of a promotion invitation before you decide to accept or decline.
Rates and Availability
- Do You Bulk Load? – Efficiently manage rates and availability using the Bulk Load Template in Inntopia RMS.
- Help Me with the Markup Amount – Learn how to properly set up your discounted net rates.
- I Just Want to Pick and Choose – Quickly update the Tape Chart within Inntopia RMS by selecting specific cells.
- Updating RACK Rates in SMS – The importance of notifying Inntopia if you change your RACK rate in SMS|Host.
- When Was That Changed? – How to see when a rate or availability was changed within Inntopia RMS.
- Are You Using the Data Exporter? – Learn how to view detailed information about guests, reservations, travel agents, or promotions sold for specific date range.
- My Report Doesn’t Show Any Data – Why the Inventory and Rate Change reports in Inntopia RMS may not show any results.
- Which Phone Number Is That? –The Reservation Detail in Inntopia RMS labels guest phone numbers (work, home, and mobile).
Give Your System a Five-Minute Inspection
- Give Your System a Five-Minute Inspection – In the amount of time it takes to grab a cup of coffee, you can check configuration in various areas of your system.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Policies – Policies change with the seasons...are yours up to date?
- Five-Minute Inspection: Taxes – Easily check to make sure you're collecting the right amount of taxes.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Fees – If you haven't checked your fee structure in a while, now is a great time to make sure they are accurate.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Amenities – Review your product amenities to be sure you appear in search results.
- Five-Minute Inspection: User Access – Make sure your guests' information is secure by reviewing who has access.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Photos – Review your photos to make sure that first impression is as good as it can be.
- Five Minute Inspection: Contact Info – As a best practice, review phone numbers, email addresses, etc. to make sure they're up to date.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Promotion Dates – Ensure the dates on your recycled, reused, or revamped promotions are accurate for the current season.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Promotion Products – Do a quick check to be sure your promotion products are up-to-date with inventory and restrictions.
- Five-Minute Inspection: Publishing Promotions – Make certain your promotions are publishing properly for the current season.
Marketing Cloud Users
- New! A Simple, Data-driven Approach to Abandoned Golf Vacation Quotes – Watch this five-minute video to learn how to get potential guests to complete their booking.
- New! Five Ways You Can Customize Your Booking Confirmations – Discover the five things that our partners love to customize the most.
- New! Four Key Questions to Answer if You’re Considering Ticket Lotteries – Lotteries are a simple way to soften the burden on your ecommerce store, but consider these four things before you set one up.
- Predict Open Rates Before Sending – Check out the open rate predictor tool before you next hit Send.
- Segment By Pass Usage – If you sell season passes, market to buyers based on their previous pass usage.